This curry is delicious, healthy and quick to make.
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon of crushed garlic
- thumb sized piece of ginger – grated
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- prawns 300g
- one cup of frozen peas
- one cup of sweetcorn
- mango chutney and fresh coriander to serve
Simply measure out and add all of your spices to a mixing bowl and set aside.
Chop your onion and pan fry over low heat for a few minutes to soften then add all of the spices that you have measured into your bowl followed by the peas and sweetcorn.
Simmer gently for ten minutes and just before you remove the pan from the heat throw in the prawns and heat until warmed through. Serve with boiled rice. I like to add lots of mango chutney and fresh coriander.
Tip: If you prefer a vegetarian option simply leave out the prawns and add a few more vegetables. I add a chopped courgette and some chickpeas when pan frying the onions.
Fact: Turmeric’s bright colour is down to its antioxidant pigments. It has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for years.